Safety Measures For In-Person Attendance
Broadway Bound takes the health of our staff, artists, students, and families seriously. The decision to have in-person classes/workshops/camps is based on strict adherence to the following guidelines**. UPDATED: 1/12/23
- We are no longer requiring all students in the program to be vaccinated.
Staff, volunteers, artists, and students will be screened before coming to the building. Those coming will need to report they are not reporting any symptoms listed in the Employer and Visitor Screening Guide issued by the Washington State Department of Health. This questionnaire will be provided digitally to families before attending each class with verbal confirmation at drop-off.
Drop-off and pick-up will be in the south parking lot at the University Heights Center. Students will assemble while maintaining social distancing before entering the building.
Face Coverings are optional
Students will wash or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building
Social distancing between people will be maintained at all times when possible.
All surfaces, including floors, tables, chairs, supplies, handles, and switches will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each session with products approved by the EPA.
Any materials provided by Broadway Bound will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
Windows will be open, fans on and air purifiers in the studios to encourage air circulation throughout the room.
Students will only be allowed in their own workshop's or camp's studio and one of two designated restrooms once in the building.
- On Thursday's, we gather students in our Auditorium space for a Showcase event, where the kids get to perform one of their songs for their fellow campers while also getting a chance to learn about audience etiquette. This time is limited to an hour and follows all of our safety protocols, including social distancing and masks required.
- We do offer in-person performances for our students and families, following strict guidelines. We currently can only have 2 people from their household per camper attend the in-person performance.
- We will not be offering live streaming option this year. We will still record the performance as this gives us better control on the sound quality which was a major complaint last year. These videos will be made available to you to download and share with others within 2 weeks of the performance.
Breaks outside will be provided, weather permitting. There will be additional time set aside for resting, bathroom, and hand washing breaks during their time in the studios.
Should a student become ill or show symptoms, their parent/guardian will be called for early pick-up and a BBCT staff member will accompany them outside to wait. If there is inclement weather, a separate room will be provided for the student.
Broadway Bound will work with families to address any special care necessary for their children in the program regarding safety needs.
- These policies will be updated as needed with the changing situations surrounding Covid regulations.