Costume Rendering Workshop
Schedule:Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00-5:00 PM
Starting July 21, Ending August 27
- 11″x17″ paper (sketch, vellum, mixed media, or drawing all acceptable. Please DO NOT get bristol board, graph, or newsprint)
- 11″x17″ Watercolor paper (hot or cold press, no min/max weight)
- Watercolor or gouache paints (student pan sets are perfect options!)
- If purchasing tubes, students should have the following colors: cadmium yellow, yellow deep, cadmium red, alizarin crimson, vermillion, ultramarine, cerulean, turquoise, hookers green, green yellow, yellow ochre, burnt sienna, and black
- A palette (try to have as many wells as you have colors)
- Watercolors and gouache can dry out on a plastic palette and be re-wetted and used later. While there are disposable paper palettes, I would recommend getting the plastic ones if your student will continue to paint
- Paint brushes – variety is always great, but students will most likely benefit the most from having round brushes in sizes 2, 6, and 8 and a 1/2″ flat. Here’s a website for packs that are decently priced for their quality.
- Colored pencils
- Graphite pencils (standard “school” pencils are totally fine. These are usually #2 or HB). Additional pencils – 6B, 2B, 2H, and 6H
- Pencil sharpener
- Eraser (any kind will do)
If a student does not have access to materials and would like to attend the class, please email Broadway Bound at email@example.com and let us know what you need. We will make every effort to provide materials to families who would otherwise not be able to attend.
Restrictions: 8 Students Maximum
Price: Broadway Bound continues to offer classes, camps, and workshops for all families interested in participating in theatre and learning theatre skills. Broadway Bound is facing financial hardship as an arts nonprofit at a time where we cannot safely assemble. We ask all families to consider giving at the level of their ability and we thank you for your continued support.
Suggested Price Levels: $60 ($5/session) or $120 ($10/session)