Safety Measures For In-Person Rehearsals
Broadway Bound takes the health of our staff, artists, students, and families seriously. The decision to have in-person rehearsals is based on strict adherence to the following guidelines**.
- We are requiring ALL students in the program to be vaccinated. A CDC Vaccination card is required at auditions.
Staff, volunteers, artists, and students will be screened before coming into the building. Those coming will need to report they are not reporting any symptoms listed in the Employer and Visitor Screening Guide issued by the Washington State Department of Health. This questionnaire will be provided digitally to families before attending each class with verbal confirmation at drop-off.
Drop-off and pick-up will be in the south parking lot at the University Heights Center. Students will assemble before entering the building with their instructor or stage manager.
Everyone attending will need to wear a face covering that includes the mouth, nose, and chin and fits close to the face. Those not wearing a face covering will be provided one by Broadway Bound before entering the building. Face coverings will be worn throughout the session.
- Students potentially will be able to perform without face coverings this spring as following guidelines set out by Washington DOH - "Masks are not required for fully vaccinated performers in high aerosol-generating activities, such as theatre (e.g., plays and musicals), speech/debate, and competitive dance." (on page 18 found here.) We will continue to monitor the guidelines and Covid numbers/variants as we get closer to the performances.
Students will wash or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building
Social distancing will be maintained at all times when possible.
All surfaces, including floors, tables, chairs, supplies, handles, and switches will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each session with products approved by the EPA. The common areas & high touch areas in University Heights are being cleaned regularly.
- Windows are kept open during rehearsals weather permitting and fans are on to get maximum amount of fresh air in the rehearsal rooms.
- University Heights Center has opened the dampers in the building to circulate fresh air and installed HEPA filters through the building for any air circulating the building.
- Each studio also has its own air purifier that can clean up to 860 sq ft per hour.
Students will only be allowed in their rehearsal studio and our designated restroom once in the building.
Should a student become ill or show symptoms, their parent/guardian will be called for early pick-up and a BBCT staff member will accompany them outside to wait. If there is inclement weather, a separate room will be provided for the student.
Broadway Bound will work with families to address any special care necessary for their children in the program regarding safety needs.
- If a student (or a member of the artistic team for the show) begins to exhibits symptoms, we ask that they do NOT come to BBCT and to get tested for Covid-19.
- If there is a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the BBCT population
- BBCT office will follow CDC protocols and inform those who have had close contact with that person and ask them to stay home and quarantine for 14 days and consult with their healthcare provider