Virtual Summer Camp FAQ
With our camps going virtual we are changing the price of the camps from $400 a week to $250 a week. We want to start working on the refunds as soon as possible but we want to give you options for what you can do.
1. You could leave any amount as a donation to help support our program.
2. You could leave any amount as a credit that can be applied in the future to any of our programs.
You can cancel your spot in our summer camp and get a full refund.
3. Or you can make a suggestion of what you would like to do and we can do our best to make it happen.
To request any of these options, please fill out the form here by June 8th.
If we do not hear from you by June 8th, we will assume that you will still be participating in camp and simply wish to have the difference refunded to you. We will begin the process of refunding all of our families going through by purchase date. Please be patient with us as we only have 1 staff member who will be processing all the requests and refunds. It may take up to 3 weeks to process all the refunds (June 29th at the latest).
You should receive a confirmation email when your refund has been processed and then see the funds in your account within 2-3 days.
Please do not fill out the form if you are still participating in camp and want a normal refund.
In order to keep our Zoom meetings secure and to ensure students’ safety while using Zoom, Broadway Bound staff are trained to follow best practices for securing our classrooms.
These best practices include, but are not limited to:
- E-mail invitation, Meeting ID, & password are required to participate in meetings
- A Broadway Bound staff person will be the administrator of each class and a staff person or teaching artist will be in each breakout room
- All video guests enter a “Waiting Room” and the hosts (Broadway Bound Staff) manually accept guests to enter the meeting
- Zoom’s new “Security” button provides immediate tech support help
- Students agree not to share links or record sessions for any purpose
- Broadway Bound will not make recordings of class sessions public for any reason.
We are still assessing and waiting to hear more from the government about how our camps will look after July 31st, whether we will be continuing with our virtual plan or will return to UHeights with more cleaning and social distancing measures put in place. The health and safety of our staff, teaching artists, and students is our top priority and we realize this situation continues to evolve. If anything changes in regards to our plans for summer camps, you will be the first to know. We hope to reach a decision by July 1st.
For Camps that occur virtually: There is a cancellation fee of $40 if less than 1 week before the start of the camp, if it is within 24 hours of the start of the camp, there will be no reimbursement.
For Camps that occur in our studios: There is a cancellation fee of $100 if less than 48 hours before of the start of the camp.
If it is within 24 hours of the camp, there will be no reimbursement.